Harding youth football is open to any player who lives in the Marion city school district and/or attends Marion city schools. Any student entering grades 4 through 6 may participate in tackle football. Grades 1-3 may participate in flag football.
- Harding youth football is a nonprofit 501c3 organization that is run by volunteers who are selected to sit on a Board of Directors.
- HYF tackle is a member of the MOAC youth football league. The other participating members of the league are Cardington, Elgin, Highland, Mt. Gilead, Northmor, North Union, Pleasant, Ridgedale and River Valley. Each member school has a representative that sits on the MOAC youth football board.
- Harding youth football tackle is comprised of 3 teams that are determined based upon grade level. These teams are Freshman (4th grade), Junior Varsity (5th grade) and Varsity (6th grade).
- Most HYF tackle games are held on Sunday afternoons during the season. HYF tackle games are played at Harding Stadium located at Grant Middle School. Corresponding away games are held at the home school’s football stadium.
- HYF Flag games are played Saturdays at the practice fields behind HHS. Teams will be a combination of 1-3rd graders and only those involved in the HYF flag program.
- Harding Youth Football is not associated with or funded by Marion City Schools.